A Listening Lesson Incorporating the 2020 Summer Olympics
This lesson addresses many standard in most grade levels of general music including form, movement, listening, composers, and music history.
* Compare and contrast style/form/instrumentation using John Williams' and Leo Arnaud's versions of "Olympic Fanfare and Theme: Bugler's Dream."
* Composer bio John Williams is explored as an iconic American composer
* Popular movie themes by John Williams are identifies and explored
* The form of "Olympic Fanfare" is examined with a listening map
* Creative movement allows students to internalize the form of "Olympic Fanfare"
The format of this lesson is in PowerPoint - pay attention to the slide notes for additional lesson ideas, timings for the form and movement, and links for listening files.
Sound files are referenced from YouTube.