This unit is designed to focus on poetry written during wartimes - specifically focusing on World War I and II. These unit resources will provide teachers with a variety of poems, as well as, one entertaining in-class activity and quiz.
The product includes:
- A 20th Century note sheet on the authors and topics covered in the poetry
- 7 poems with questions focusing on literary devices, comprehension, tone, theme, and theme.
- Winston Churchill's "Blood, toil, tears, sweat" speech with 6 during and post reading activities.
- Poetry Battle in-class activity assignment sheet & list of literary devices with definitions.
- 2 poems to go along with the poetry battles
- War Poetry Quiz
- Paideia Assignment