- I will be able to define matter and the particle theory of matter.
- I will be able to distinguish between pure substances and mixtures.
- I will be able to distinguish between an element and a compound.
- I will be able to distinguish between homogenous and heterogenous mixtures.
- I will be able to describe the different states of matter and phase changes of matter.
- We will describe the qualitative and quantitative physical properties of matter.
What is matter
- particle theory of matter
Categorization of matter
- pure substance vs mixture
- element vs compound
- homogenous vs. heterogenous mixture
Phases of matter
Physical Changes of Matter (qualitative vs. quantitative)
- boiling and melting point