Multiplication & Division Facts Hands-On Activities
Use these sorts as your students learn about multiplication and division. These sorts can supplement your multiplication and division stations. Challenge students to sort the facts in order and identify the patterns they notice.
There are 11 multiplication sorts (2s-12s facts). Each fact goes up to 10. There are 11 division sorts (2s-12 facts). Each fact goes up to 10.
Two different sorting mats are included for multiplication and two sorting mats for division.
1) Factors and Products Sorting Mat: Quick sorting mat to match the factors with the product. For better understanding use the other sorting mat (Factors, Product, and Model It) where students also draw a picture of an array or equal groups to show their understanding of the fact.
2) Division Equation and Quotient Sorting Mat: Again a quick sorting mat to match the division equation with the answer or use the other sorting mat (Division Equation, Quotient, and Model It) for students to draw a picture to show their understanding of the fact.
So many uses for these sorts:
1) helps students identify patterns in the facts
2) use as morning work
3) use when introducing the facts with manipulatives
4) glue the sorting mat into their interactive math journals and complete in the journal
5) use in your math center
6) supplement your current curriculum
7) use as homework to review with a parent
Your students will enjoy these sorts and gain confidence as they understand the patterns in multiplication and division.
Teacher's Game Plan