Kids always love making paper chains! Use these 21 sheets to reinforce LONG vowel families/rhymes. There are 3-5 families for each of the 5 vowels. A small sampling: ane, ute, ime, ose, eel. Every single word has a picture clue next to it. Students write the initial letter in each blank. And..here and there a blend is needed, as in stone, but for the most part 3 or 4 letter, one syllable words are in each family . Instructions:
1. copy on white or colored paper (have student fill in initial letter)
2. cut on heavy black lines making strips
3. empty strips are for answer keys or additional words added manually by you.
4.put a small amount of glue on end of a strip
5. form a loop/link and hold about 20 seconds to secure.
6. Keep adding links to the previous one to form a chain.
Please contact me with any technical issues, suggestions or questions! see short vowel phonics chains as well, in my store!