These 25 Reading Group Task Cards are designed to be used during Guided Reading Groups.
Cards are colorful and will help students become engaged with various texts.
A great resource to encourage a deeper understanding of texts.
For best results and long term use, print out and laminate.
Reading Group Task Cards are listed below:
1. What was the story about?
2. Choose a character from the text. Think of 3 adjectives (describing words) for the character.
3. Predict what the text is about.
4. Find some key words from the text. Why are these key words?
5. List adjectives (describing words) found in the text.
6. List nouns found in the text.
7. Write ‘I Wonder’ questions about the text.
8. Make a text-self connection.
9. Make a text-text connection.
10. Make a text-world connection.
11. Draw a picture of some characters from the text.
12. Use various reading strategies to help you understand the text.
13. Summarise the text in your own words.
14. Find some tricky words in the text. Use a dictionary to find their meanings.
15. List something you would change about the text.
16. What did you like about the text?
17. What was challenging about the text?
18. Write a different ending to the story.
19. What was the setting in the story?
20. What was the plot of the story?
21. What was the author’s message? How do you know this?
22. What strategies would you use to sound out an unknown word?
23. Buddy read with a partner.
24. Write 3 questions about the text. Have a partner find the answers in the text.
25. Find rhyming words in the text.