This is a set of 27 reading comprehension passages accompanied by 10 text dependent multiple choice/short answer questions.
PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED ANY 3RD GRADE MONTHLY PACKETS!!!
These excerpts are TAKEN FROM the monthly packets.
So what is different? These excerpts only have 10 questions that accompany them and is a bit more structured in using for assessments. Most (not all) have 8 multiple choice with 2 short answer questions.
If you are looking for more "in-depth" questions with activities, longer written responses, using text as evidence, check out the Monthly Packets for 3rd Grade
*THIS IS NOT A COLLECTION OF ALL 3RD GRADE PASSAGES!*
This set includes:
1. Nonfiction – An excerpt from Dinosaurs; Our Amazing World
2. Nonfiction- The Amazon Rainforest
3. Fiction – An excerpt from Jasper John Dooley; Star of the Week
4. Poetry – Eating While Reading
5. Fiction – An excerpt from Stone Fox
6. Nonfiction – A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
7. Biography – Roald Dahl
8. Nonfiction – How to Make a Hat
9. Nonfiction – The Travelling Honeybee
10. Nonfiction – Everything You Want to Know About Apples
11. Poetry – Here They Come!
12. Nonfiction – An excerpt from Ariel Bradley; a spy for General Washington
13. Biography – Ariel Bradley
14. Poetry – Autumn
15. Fiction – An excerpt from The Tale of Peter Rabbit
16. Nonfiction – Hibernation
17. Following Directions/Craft – How to Make Snow
18. Nonfiction – Hurricanes
19. Poetry – A Bird Came Down the Walk
20. Fiction – An excerpt from The Ugly Duckling
21. Nonfiction – Bunny Craft
22. Fiction – An excerpt from Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters
23. Fiction – Lewis and the Duck
24. Nonfiction – The Golden Gate Bridge
25. Nonfiction – The Great Sphinx of Giza
26. Poetry – At the Sea-Side
27. Nonfiction – The Great Chicago Fire
How to use this set:
- Weekly assessments
- Pre/post assessments
- Progress monitoring
- Comprehension practice
- Homework/ Sub plans
And so much more! *Anything you need!*
- Deciphering meaning
- Close reading
- Context clues
- Analyzing illustrations
- Reading for meaning
- Vocabulary (synonyms/antonyms/definitions)
Your feedback is most appreciated!
Questions and concerns: email@example.com
Have a Great Year!
~Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2014 to Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted for single user or for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format. Please contact me for special exceptions and/or questions. Novel.firstname.lastname@example.org. Under copyright law no part of this product may be posted to a personal, business or any website unless special permission has been granted from Novel Nutritious Creations.