This is a set of 27 reading comprehension passages accompanied by 10 text dependent multiple choice/short answer questions per passage.
PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED ANY 4th GRADE MONTHLY PACKETS!!!
These excerpts are TAKEN FROM the monthly packets.
So what is different? These passages only have 10 questions that accompany them and are a bit more structured for assessment use. Most (not all) have 8 multiple choice with 2 short answer questions.
If you are looking for more "in-depth" questions with activities, longer written responses, using text as evidence, check out the Monthly Packets for 4th Grade!
*THIS IS NOT A COLLECTION OF ALL 4th GRADE PASSAGES!*
High interest poetry, fiction and nonfiction passages!
This set includes:
1. Poetry – The Echoing Green
2. Nonfiction - Forest Food Webs in Action – Photosynthesis
3. Nonfiction – Kwanzaa
4. Biography – The Brothers Grimm
5. Nonfiction – Constellations
6. Fiction – An excerpt from Starring Jules
7. Nonfiction – The History of Hershe’s Chocolate
8. Biography – Daniel Hale Williams
9. Biography – Mae C. Jemison
10. Nonfiction – The Iditarod; The Last Great Race on Earth
11. Fiction – An excerpt from The Barn
12. Poetry – I Found a Four-Leaf Clover
13. Poetry - The Arrow and the Song
14. Nonfiction – Lewis and Clark Expedition
15. Nonfiction – Memorial Day
16. Fiction – An excerpt from Toliver’s Secret
17. Nonfiction – Clouds
18. Nonfiction – Garfield
19. Fiction – Pecos Bill
20. Nonfiction – Homemade Cookies Day
21. Fiction – An excerpt from Doll Bones
22. Nonfiction / Poetry – An excerpt from Winter Bees
23. Fiction – An excerpt from The Swallow; a ghost story
24. Nonfiction – Highclere Castle
25. Fiction – An excerpt from Fantastic Mr. Fox
26. Nonfiction – The Writing of the Star Spangled Banner
27. Fiction – An excerpt from Frindle
How to use this set:
- Weekly assessments
- Pre/post assessments
- Progress monitoring
- Comprehension practice
- Homework/ Sub plans
And so much more! *Anything you need!*
- Deciphering meaning
- Close reading
- Context clues
- Analyzing illustrations
- Reading for meaning
- Vocabulary (synonyms/antonyms/definitions)
Your feedback is most appreciated!
Questions and concerns: email@example.com
Have a Great Year!
~Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2014 to Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted for single user or for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format. Please contact me for special exceptions and/or questions. Novel.firstname.lastname@example.org. Under copyright law no part of this product may be posted to a personal, business or any website unless special permission has been granted from Novel Nutritious Creations.