**Updated on 11/9/17** Please re-download if you haven't already!
This is a set of 27 reading comprehension passages accompanied by 10 text dependent multiple choice/short answer questions.
PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED ANY 5TH GRADE MONTHLY PACKETS!!!
These excerpts are TAKEN FROM the monthly packets.
So what is different? These excerpts only have 10 questions that accompany them and is a bit more structured in using for assessments. Most (not all) have 8 multiple choice with 2 short answer questions.
If you are looking for more "in-depth" questions with activities, longer written responses, using text as evidence, check out the Monthly Packets for 5th Grade
*THIS IS NOT A COLLECTION OF ALL 5th GRADE PASSAGES!*
This set includes:
1. Nonfiction – The Creation of Google
2. Nonfiction – The Mountains That Threaten; Volcanoes
3. Nonfiction – Food Webs in Action
4. Fiction – An excerpt from The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.
5. Nonfiction – Hanukkah
6. Fiction – Rip Van Winkle
7. Fiction – An excerpt from Hatchet
8. Poetry – Fog
9. Nonfiction – The Groundhog Legend
10 Biography – Benjamin Banneker
11. Fiction – An excerpt from Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
12. Nonfiction – The Wild World of Sharks
13. Fiction – An excerpt from Code Talker
14. Poetry – Paul Revere’s Ride
15. Fiction – An excerpt from Rose
16. Nonfiction – May Day
17. Fiction – An excerpt from Islands of the Blue Dolphins
18. Fiction – An excerpt from Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
19. Fiction – An excerpt from Number the Stars
20. Fiction – An excerpt from The One and Only Ivan
21. Nonfiction – Sandcastles
22. Poetry – Rain in Summer
23. Nonfiction – Hieroglyphics
24. Nonfiction – The Salem Witch Trials
25. Nonfiction – Dictionary Day
26. Nonfiction – Dalmatian Fire Fighters
27. Biography – Scott O’Dell
How to use this set:
- Weekly assessments
- Pre/post assessments
- Progress monitoring
- Comprehension practice
- Homework/ Sub plans
And so much more! *Anything you need!*
- Deciphering meaning
- Close reading
- Context clues
- Analyzing illustrations
- Reading for meaning
- Vocabulary (synonyms/antonyms/definitions)
Your feedback is most appreciated!
Questions and concerns: email@example.com
Have a Great Year!
~Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2014 to Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted for single user or for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format. Please contact me for special exceptions and/or questions. Novel.firstname.lastname@example.org. Under copyright law no part of this product may be posted to a personal, business or any website unless special permission has been granted from Novel Nutritious Creations.