This fourteen~page Social Studies' unit analyzes common core essential standard 2.C.1.3, exemplify respect and appropriate social skills needed for working with diverse groups.
The student will understand:
• Respect for diverse groups may be influenced by individual ethnic and cultural differences.
• Cultural values and traditions should be respected when interacting with others.
The student will know:
• Basic concepts of diversity, tolerance, fairness, and respect for others.
• The meaning of respect
• People have different cultural values and traditions.
• How knowledge of our differences facilitates our respect for one another’s beliefs and traditions.
The student will be able to:
• Model respect and positive social skills among peers.
Vocabulary Graphic Organizers
Friendship Venn Diagram
Respect Graphic Organizer
Diversity Art Project
Egg-Cellent Experiment to Teach Diversity
Tolerance Video and Activity
Fairness Little Critter Activity
Friendship Quilt Project
Thanks bunches, and enjoy! :) ~Mindi