Teach your Tiny Tots their shapes with these versatile shape recognition flashcards!
This resource includes the following in both color and black & white variants.
There are various ways to use them once printed, cut, and laminated:
- Punch out some holes and stick them on a book ring for quick reference and individual assessment.
- Print out multiple sets for fun centers.
- For a more playful alternative, substitute the book ring for pipe cleaners and send them home with the kids!
These cards work for games, too!
Match the Shapes:
1. Print, Cut, and Laminate 2 flashcard sets
2. Set the cards face-down in random order
3. Have the kids take turns flipping them over, calling out the shape each time.
4. If they match them all, they win!
Go Fish Shape Edition:
1. Print, Cut, and Laminate 4 flashcard sets to create a deck
2. Have each student draw 4 cards from the shuffled deck
3. They must then take turns asking each other for a specific shape
4. If the student asks for a shape that the other player has, the other player must hand it over and the pair will be removed from the game.
5. The round is over when all cards have been removed from the game. Best of 3 wins the match!
If you enjoyed this resource, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for future purchases.
Follow my store to stay up to date with my most recent resources; I am constantly working to add more products for your Tiny Tots to enjoy!
I am always looking to improve my resources and your feedback helps me decide which topics to work on next! Feel free to send me any suggestions or requests you may have at TinyTotAcademy.TpT@gmail.com! Thanks for browsing!