★ 10x Differentiated Prism and Pyramid Worksheets
★ 1x PowerPoint Slides which focus on 2D nets & 3D models of prisms and pyramids
This is a perfect resource for Stage 3 Mathematics Lesson focusing on Geometry: Prisms and Pyramids. Real life examples of shapes are included in the powerpoint slides to engage the learners and make connections to their environment. The PowerPoint presentation contains background information about prisms and pyramids such as:
• what is an apex?
• what is the similarities between a prism vs pyramid?
• what is the difference between a prism vs pyramid?
• features of objects (e.g. lines, edges, faces)
• a warm up task focusing on real life objects (e.g. a tissue box; which is a prism because it doesn't have an apex)
• a warm up task focusing on identifying 2D and 3D objects on a house (everyday situations)
This information will assist students with facts needed to complete the hands-on activity.
The several worksheets allow students to be grouped based on ability levels. That way, the class to work at their own pace and physically construct and shapes with a team to enhance their understanding.
Once the model is complete, students complete a fact sheet about their given shape; including: number of edges, vertices, faces. Then students can compare their given object with another group and contrast the similarities and differences between the shapes.
Please leave your rating below, it helps me a lot! thank you
All images used have been:
a) created by Miss Simpson's Teaching Resources (me!)
b) approved for commercial purposes
Happy teaching in 2018!