Also included in
- Geometry practice and mastery has never been more fun! Students LOVE all five resources included in this hands-on, engaging bundle! Now includes 2D and 3D shapes digital activities for Google Classroom! From foldables to task cards to visually appealing posters, this popular resource is exactly what$17.80$22.25Save $4.45
Looking for a great hands-on way to explore and learn more about the categories and characteristics of two-dimensional figures? This best-selling set of foldables is perfect for you and your class! Now includes a DIGITAL version for use in Google Classroom! Your students will master 2-D shape classification in no time at all.
Click on the preview button above to take a closer look at everything included!
A DIGITAL version of 2D shapes classification activities is included for your use in Google Classroom.
This easy-to-use, best-selling packet includes:
- Quadrilateral Classification Chart
- Triangle Classification Chart (2 methods: by length of sides and types of angles)
- 5 Quadrilateral Foldables (square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, trapezoid)
- 6 Triangle Foldables (scalene, isosceles, equilateral, right, acute, obtuse)
- 4 Other Polygon Foldables (pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon)
- DIGITAL version of Classification Activities
- Suggested Uses and Teaching Ideas
These printable foldables are a wonderful way to reach all levels of learners.
Students simply cut on solid lines and fold on dotted lines. Fill in information (types of angles and sides) on inside of each figure. Color outside front, if desired, and label each foldable with its correct name (octagon, trapezoid, equilateral triangle, etc.).
There are many options for use:
Have students complete and paste into math journals.
Enlarge and create an interactive bulletin board in your classroom.
Have students create posters and display in your building.
CCSS.Math.Content.5.G.B.3 Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
CCSS.Math.Content.5.G.B.4 Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties.
You may be interested in these perfect companion geometry resources:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,