Also included in
- Your students will love these fun and engaging math games that help them learn about and create with 2D shapes. All the directions and templates you’ll need to create these five activities are included, plus ideas for how to differentiate each of them!Click on the PREVIEW to learn more! Please note:$6.00$12.50Save $6.50
Click on the PREVIEW to take a look at all that’s included!
Four Ways to Play The Great Shape Race
Easy: Name each 2D shape you land on. First player to finish wins.
Medium: Name each shape you land on and mark it on a recording sheet. Either the player who finishes first or the player with the most of a certain shape wins.
Medium/Hard: Classify each shape as 2D or 3D. Either the player who finishes first or the player with the most 2D or 3D shapes wins.
Hard: Identify the number of sides each shape you land on has and mark it on a recording sheet. Either the player who finishes first or the player with the most shapes with a certain number of sides wins.
• One game board with 2D shapes (circle, square, rectangle, triangle, diamond, oval, pentagon, hexagon, octagon)
• One game board with 2D and 3D shapes (2D shapes listed above, plus cone, cube, cylinder, hexagon solid, triangular prism, pentagon solid, pyramid, rectangular prism, sphere) *Students only need to identify whether a shape is 2D (flat) or 3D (solid).
• Game spinner
• 3 recording sheets
• Directions for how to play each game
Teacher Features You’ll Love
• Includes color and black and white options
• Differentiated for all students’ success
• Low prep
Please note: This game is included in my larger 2D Shapes Games and Activities for K-1 resource. If you purchase the larger product, you DO NOT need to purchase this game separately.
Questions? Feel free to contact me through the “Q&A” tab or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
2D Shapes Book: Read and Write about 2D Shapes
2D Shapes Games and Activities for Kindergarten and First Grade
2D Shapes Activity Mats
2D Shapes Write the Room
2D Shapes Game: Beware of the Square
2D Shapes Activities: Picture Challenges