Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Looking for a complete packet for the Common Core geometry standards that use solid ways to teach 2D and 3D shapes plus halves and fourths in a meaningful way? This packet is an in depth look at geometry and shapes for kindergarten, first and second grade. It takes the principles of and applies them to shapes!
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE
• shape names booklet ("It is a ______")
• geometry vocabulary cards
• shape flashcards with names
• cards to play shape match (matching shapes regardless of size or orientation)
• Anchor charts for shape rules and polygon rules
• shape slides for 2D and 3D shapes from all 6 of my Math Wall Units
• 3 Shape Talks: Slides to show class and a slide with notes for guiding questions and a vignette of a sample conversation for each. (Shapes, Triangles, Rectangles)
• 2, 2D Printable Sorts: sides & vertices
• 3, 3D Printable Sorts: faces, vertices, which shape am I?
• Blocks in Socks game directions and printable
• 6 Symmetry Printable Sorts: shapes, letters (4 versions)
• 2 Slides for Math Talks on Fractions: half & fourth
• 3 Fraction Printable Sorts: halves/fourths, halves/not halves, fourths/not fourths
• How many ways can you divide the shape in half? printable
• How many ways can you divide the shape in fourths? printable
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!