Also included in
- This is a bundle of all 3 of my geometry units.Save 20% by buying them in this BUNDLE!*Please do not purchase if you have purchased these units individually in the past*You can view detailed previews and descriptions in their individual listings below:2D Shapes for Kindergarten3D Figures for Kinderg$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- Get ready for the first month of Kindergarten with this bundle of my best selling, beginning of the year resources!It includes:• Kinder Read Alouds - Back to School / Rules & Routines -• Alphabet Centres Mini Bundle: Alphabet Make It, Alphabet Print It, Alphabet Puzzle It• Alphabet Intervention$54.80$68.50Save $13.70
- This bundle includes ALL 18 of my Kindergarten math units! They have all been taught and tested in my FDK classroom in Ontario for the last 6 years. Each unit includes detailed lesson plans and curriculum expectations that align to The Ontario Kindergarten Program, 2016.This gigantic year-long bund$103.25$147.50Save $44.25
April 24, 2020: Typo on rhombus marshmallow card fixed (page 146)
July 10th, 2017
- Whole file updated with new clip art/fonts
- 207 PAGES ADDED
- 8-Day Lesson Plans Added with Curriculum Expectations
Please see the preview for a detailed look of what is included!
Table of Contents:
• 8-Day Lesson Plans
p. 4-18: Mini Posters - includes circle, triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, trapezoid, rhombus, diamond, oval, octagon, hexagon, heart, star, moon, crescent (2 font choices included)
p. 19-20: Word Wall Cards - includes circle, triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, diamond, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, rhombus, oval, heart, crescent, moon
*includes both color and b&w options
p. 23-78: Shape Sorting Centre - includes small and large sorting mats for circle, triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, oval, diamond and rhombus and 58 sorting cards. All cards and mats in both colour and B&W.
p. 79-109: Tracing Book - 3 cover options and 2 tracing options, just the word and "This is a shape." sentence. Shapes included are circle, triangle, square, rectangle, heart, hexagon, diamond, rhombus, oval, trapezoid, octagon, pentagon and semi circle
p. 110-123: Play Dough Mats #1 - Simple play dough mats where students are invited to make the shape and recognize shapes in real-life objects. Shapes included are circle, triangle, square, rectangle, hexagon, oval and octagon
p. 124-137: Play Dough Mats #2 - Make both the shape and the shape word with play dough or loose parts! Shapes included are circle, triangle, square, rectangle, heart, star, hexagon, diamond, rhombus, oval, trapezoid, octagon, pentagon and semi circle.
p. 138-144: Trace the Room (2 options: trace the shape, trace the shape and shape name) & Write the Room
p. 145-149: Marshmallow & Toothpick 2D Shape Creation Centre
p. 150-154: Race to the Finish Line! A Board Game for identifying 2D shapes. Includes 2 options one with 4 shapes (square, rectangle, triangle and circle) and one with 8 shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, circle, hexagon, oval, star and diamond).
p. 155-166: Bingo: Includes 8 bingo cards with square, rectangle, circle, triangle, oval, hexagon, star, diamond, trapezoid, heart, moon and pentagon
p. 167-215: My 2D Shape Book: Cover and 4 types included so you can differentiate for your students easily!
• Just the shape word
• Traceable shape word
• This is a shape. sentence
• This is a shape. sentence with traceable shape word
• This is a shape. sentence (whole sentence traceable)
• This is a _________.
p. 216-228: What Can A Shape Be? Fill in the Blank Emergent Reader - Students will write a real life 2D shape in the blank (e.g. This ______ is a circle). To support the students pre-made cards they can cut out and match are included as well as a reference card for that has examples of each shape. Shapes included in this booklet are: circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, hexagon, octagon and diamond.
p. 229-288: 2D Shape Emergent Readers - The coloured versions can be printed, laminated and bound into a book to add to your classroom library! They can also be used to support the "What Can A Shape Be?" booklet. The black and white versions can be printed, cut, stapled and used during guided reading or math! The shapes included are: circle, triangle, square, rectangle and oval.
p. 289-290: 2D Shape Crown: Have your students cut out the top and glue it on a sentence strip. Then add the shapes they have learned to the boxes! They can wear their crown home and share their learning with their parents and guardians!
p. 291-292: Small Group Activity of teaching sides/vertices. Fill in the missing side and cover the vertices with stickers. (Can be used as a centre as well)
To see the tracing book and play dough mats in action you can visit my blog post Teaching 2D Shapes in FDK - Part 2
To see the board game, bingo, My 2D Shape Book and the small group activity for teaching sides/vertices in action you can visit my blog post Four 2D Shape Interventions for FDK
Thanks for looking!
This product is included in these bundles:
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS IF YOU OWN EITHER OF THESE BUNDLES!
Please ask if you have any questions!
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!