These hands on geometry lessons and activities focus on 2D and 3D shapes. Students will be composing shapes, identifying their attributes, and discussing the difference between defining and non-defining attributes.
⭐GET THESE ACTIVITIES AND MORE BY PURCHASING MY MATH WORKSHOP BUNDLE FOR THE WHOLE YEAR! SEE MORE HERE!⭐
The objectives of these lessons, activities, and printables are:
Students will be able to:
- Identify common 2D shapes and their attributes.
- Identify common 3D shapes and their attributes.
- Identify defining and nondefining attributes.
- Compose 2D and 3D shapes
In this unit:
• Shape Cards (2D&3D) – identifying shapes
• Where are they? - real world shapes
• Defining vs. Nondefining - attribute sort
• Make-a-shape - composing simple 2D shapes
• Decompose & Compose - decomposing and composing new shapes with pattern blocks
• Animal Blocks - pattern block extension
• Guess My Shape! - 3D shape mystery game
• 6 Different Practice Pages
Please download the preview to get a closer look at what's included!