2.MD.2 THINK ON YOUR FEET MATH! Interactive Test Prep Game—Measure Objects Twice
“Think on Your Feet!” Game – a better-than-Jeopardy interactive game to reinforce students’ practice and mastery of 2.MD.2: Measure the length of an object twice, using length units of different lengths for the two measurements; describe how the two measurements relate to the size of the unit chosen.
*** Add this to your Digital Classroom. ***
*** TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! OPEN THE PowerPoint PREVIEW IN THE PRESENTER MODE. Turn up the volume! ***
Included are 3 resources: First, the Interactive Game. Second, Digital Task Cards. Third, Task Card Printable of the same set of problems. All three combine to meet the needs of every student.
Resource #1 Animated, Interactive PowerPoint designed for the whole classroom and all devices with PowerPoint or the PowerPoint App.
• Perfect for computer/doc camera and Smart Boards.
• No Prep format: Plug in computer and go.
• 25 engaging problems to promote fluency, collaboration and accountable talk.
• Adherence to state and district standards.
• This exciting and engaging game is laid out in Easy, Medium, Hard, Tell Me a Story, and STRETCH categories – so that every level of student can participate.
Resource #2 Individual use or small groups using digital devices with PowerPoint or Google Slides
• Student accesses the resource on her/his device.
• Student records the answers on an answer sheet.
• Student self-checks using the answer key and turns the answer sheet.
• This is perfect for morning work, remedial, intervention, review, and test prep.
• NOTE: in this set the visuals gain the student’s attention and facilitates learning but the animations and interactivity are disabled because of the issues between PowerPoint and Google Slides.
Resource #3 Task Card Printables
• No prep, just print the task cards and the answer sheet and go.
• Answer key included. Student can self-check her/his work.
• This provides “Deep Practice” for morning work, homework, review, and test prep.
• Repetition and deep practice reinforces the mastery of the standard.
Enjoy the fast-paced questions with hyperlinks, sounds, keeping score, and eye-catching visuals.
~~~ Kid Tested—Educator approved: The feedback from TpT teachers and my fellow teachers at school, who use these grade-level interactive sets of task and game cards, state that kids are engaged and enthused; that the students are focused on the screen, calculating the problems, helping one another with the answers, laughing at the images and animations, and most of all – TALKING OUT LOUD ABOUT MATH.
~~~ YOUR SATISFACTION IS BACKED BY A MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE! ~~~
ACCOUNTABLE TALK: You will see your students become TEAM PLAYERS as they “talk it out” and problem-solve. They can pick an advisor, take a team vote or decide alone for the answers. The game provides immediate reinforcement of correct thinking about math.
These 25 engaging problems progressively develop the standard and clarify the entire 2.MD.2.
2.MD.2: Measure the length of an object twice, using length units of different lengths for the two measurements; describe how the two measurements relate to the size of the unit chosen.
Idea: Several teachers have used our 2nd grade math, THINK ON YOUR FEET, for their in-class evaluation. The “Admin” were impressed with the student enthusiasm, interaction, and collaboration.
Copyright © Classaroundthecorner.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher and her/his classroom is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PPT are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art and font credits.
We want you to be satisfied with our products and we make sure we do everything in our power to provide you with quality resources. Any issues, suggestions, questions please email: Classaroundthecorner@gmail.com. Thank you so much for shopping with us. Have fun leading your class with “Think on Your Feet Math!”