This interactive resource was created to address standard 2.MD.7 (tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest 5 minutes, using a.m. and p.m.)
This resource includes 5 NO PREP MOVEMENT GAMES for the standard.
Read below for more information!
- GAME ONE: clock basics (identify minute/hour hand, identify analog/digital clock, review seconds in a minute, minutes in an hour, hours in a day) - 10 slides for game play - ending with one slide of review questions (think-pair-share format).
- GAME TWO: students will identify which activity can be done in the time given (for example: one second - blink) - 15 slides for game play - ending with one slide of review questions (think-pair-share format).
- GAME THREE: students will match the digital time to the given analog time (to the hour, half hour, nearest five minutes) - 20 slides for game play - ending with one slide of review questions (think-pair-share format).
- GAME FOUR: students will match the analog time to the given digital time (to the hour, half hour, nearest five minutes) - 20 slides for game play - ending with one slide of review questions (think-pair-share format).
- GAME FIVE: students will use the clue and digital time given to determine if the time is a.m. or p.m. - 20 slides for game play - ending with one slide of review questions (think-pair-share format).
- Display each slide full screen onto class Smartboard and/or Document Camera.
You can also print each slide and use for small group instruction!
- Students will answer each question relating to telling time/clock basics
- Students will STAND or SIT to give their answers
OPTIONS: Students can solve independently, with a partner, or as a group! Consider counting down from 5 before having students give their answers. This may help prevent other students from simply copying the movements around them!
Simple as that!
This is a great opportunity to quickly assess who's getting it and who needs a little extra help!
Show me how you use this in your classroom!
Find me on Instagram using → #deannawithcoffeecreations
Click PREVIEW for a closer look!
YOU MAY LIKE
→ 2.MD.7 - Telling Time Movement Interactive Game - a.m. or p.m.
→ 2.NBT.4 - Comparing Numbers Movement Game
→ 2.NBT.2 - Skip Counting Movement (5s, 10s, and 100s)
→ 1.MD.B.3 - Telling Time to the hour/half hour Movement Interactive Game
→ 3.NBT.3 - BUNDLE - Multiplication Movement
Like it? Love it? Be sure to let me know! By providing feedback and a rating, you earn TPT credits towards any future purchases!
Have a question? Product not displaying properly? Leave me a comment in the Q/A section before providing feedback! I'm more than happy to help in any way!
Thanks for stopping by!
Coffee Creations © 2019