Analyze the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution with this engaging, easy to use, no-prep resource!
This 1-page handout provides the original legislation as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the legislation.
Covers the topic of gun rights in America accourding to the U.S. Constitution.
Great to review the skill of primary source analysis or to prompt a discussion on the 2nd Amendment and gun rights in America.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See sample for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
• 1st Amendment to Constitution Document Analysis Activity
• Duties & Responsibilities of Citizenship Centers Activity & Project
• George Washington Inaugural Address American Speeches Document Analysis Activity
• George Washington's Presidency SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer American
• American Revolution Centers Investigation & Project Assignment Activity
• American Revolution SPRITE Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Analyzing Documents on the American Revolution History War
• Declaration Causes Necessity (Arms) American Revolution Document Analysis
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!