This two-week unit comes with printables, online student visual support, comprehensive lesson plans, and engaging activities that will help your second graders start the year with a math-packed review of first grade standards. It also includes a ready-to-go Google Slides so you can demonstrate games and lessons in remote and traditional classroom environments. It is also a fantastic set of lessons to use for intervention!
This unit was designed as a beginning-of-the-year review for incoming second-grade students. It addresses these critical focus areas in math for first grade:
Addition and subtraction within 20:
· Using a variety of models to develop meaning for addition and subtraction
· Developing strategies to solve problems with these operations.
· Understanding the relationship between addition and subtraction
· Working with addition and subtraction equations
Use methods to add within 100 and subtract multiples of 10
· Comparing whole numbers (to 100) to solve problems.
· Thinking of whole numbers between 10 and 100 in terms of tens and ones
· Understanding the order of the counting numbers and their relative magnitudes
Develop an understanding of measurement
· Measuring length indirectly
· Understanding the concept of iterating
Reason with shapes and their attributes
· Composing and decomposing plane or solid figures
· Recognizing shapes from different perspectives, describing their attributes, comparing and contrasting
Teaching Remotely? Check out the Distance Learning Edition of this Unit!
Do you have a student who needs more practice? Check out our 6-Week Unit here.
More from Complete Curriculum here!