This two-week lesson plan pack comes with printables, online activities, and digital versions of practice that will help your second graders review what they learned in first grade math. It also includes ready-to-go Google Slideshows so you can demonstrate in a remote classroom environment.
This unit was designed as a beginning-of-the-year review for incoming second-grade students. It addresses these critical focus areas in math for first grade:
Addition and subtraction within 20:
· Using a variety of models to develop meaning for addition and subtraction
· Developing strategies to solve problems with these operations.
· Understanding the relationship between addition and subtraction
· Working with addition and subtraction equations
Use methods to add within 100 and subtract multiples of 10
· Comparing whole numbers (to 100) to solve problems.
· Thinking of whole numbers between 10 and 100 in terms of tens and ones
· Understanding the order of the counting numbers and their relative magnitudes
Develop an understanding of measurement
· Measuring length indirectly
· Understanding the concept of iterating
Reason with shapes and their attributes
· Composing and decomposing plane or solid figures
· Recognizing shapes from different perspectives, describing their attributes, comparing and contrasting