PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
"This is a very thorough product! The example pages are extremely helpful and help to visualize how it can be used. One of my favorite TPT products that I have purchased!!!"- S.S.
All standards for reading are addressed! The research behind "Interactive Notebooks" supports implementation in the classroom as it is proven that students will refer to the notebook as an anchor. The instructional practice by the teacher to support the promise to cover Common Core standards utilizing this researched based strategy proves fruitful for your students, parents and administrators. The benefits from implementing Interactive Notebooks in your classroom include a place for students to organize standards and the value student ownership of the tool. You, as the teacher, have a way to reach multiple intelligences by implementing a readers notebook in your classroom.
Bonus items were added. I also extended on Text Features.
Table of Contents with clickable hyperlinks to pictures added.
The tools presented in this notebook cover the following skills.
- RL.2.1 Asking and Answering Questions
- RL.2.2 Genres: Folktales and Fables with morals and lessons. * Retelling stories.
- RL.2.3 Describing characters w/ specifics for feelings and traits. Character change!
- RL.2.4 Words and Phrases: In rhythm, alliteration, rhyme and repetition.
- RL.2.5 Refer to story structure: focus b.m.e. beginning, middle, end
(Focus on Introduction and Conclusion)
- RL.2.6 Point of view and perspective (The View Point)
- RL.2.7 Illustrations: To focus on the characters, setting, and plot.
- RL.2.9 Compare and contrast: Looking at 2 stories by different authors from different cultures.
- RL.2.10 Comprehension tools to record fables, folktales, stories, and poems read in second grade.
- RI.2.1 Ask and Answer Questions: The author, the purpose, the features
- RI.2.2 Main Topic: Identify the main topic of multi paragraph texts as well as the specific focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
- RI.2.3 Focus on types of texts to include historical, scientific and technical
- RI.2.4 Words and phrases to include context clues, dictionary and strategies.
- RI.2.5 Text features to focus on three types of features such as navigators, types of print and visual features.
- RI.2.6 Identify the main purpose of a text and determine what the author wants to answer, explain or describe.
- RI.2.7 Images and Diagrams: can clarify and add meaning to the text.
- RI.2.8 Reasons for the points in the text.
- RI.2.9 Compare and contrast most important points and key details
- RI.2.10 Informational Text comprehension
6 Syllable Types: Anchor (Modeled after the chart in Appendix A of the CCSS)
- RF.2.3a Long and Short Vowel Sort with cards and envelope/ Anchor charts for short and long vowels
- RF.2.3b Vowel Teams: Common Vowel Teams
- RF.2.3c Multisyllable Words Note: Verbiage derived from Appendix A of the CCSS.
- RF.2.3d Prefixes and suffixes
- RF.2.3e Inconsistent but common spelling sound correspondences.
- RF.2.3f Irregular Words/ Irregularly spelled words
- RF.2.4a Purpose and understanding with a focus on text connections
- RF.2.4b Fluency Anchor Chart
- RF.2.4c Confirmation check
Foldables and flap books can serve as standalone curriculum enhancers of common core. Templates are blank making it easy for you to integrate the numerous flippables in other content areas. :-)
Also included: Tabs, Dividers and Table of Contents for each strand.
Click for 4 STAR INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS BUNDLE Discounted Multiple Grades!
Original works of
© 24/7 Teacher
Please ask any and all questions prior to purchasing!
For more on Text Coding, Text Structures, and Close Reading of Informational Texts.
Click here to see my Interactive Notebook for Informational Text, Text Structures, and Close Reads.
Click here to see my Monthly Close Reading Units.
"Helping your children become text-dependent!"
Each monthly unit has history, biographies, science topics, holidays, and more!
Designed for Close Reading: Other uses includehomework, social studies, or science.
Text dependent questions are designed for text evidence responses!
Each passage is written at FOUR levels. From first to fifth!
Each passage has five or more activities. Use for guided reading!
Each passage can be used as week-long homework!
Click here to check out my Monthly Close Reading Club!
Click below to see each individual unit in the file.
Click below to see more of each individual unit in the file.
Click here for the January Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the February Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the March Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the April Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the May Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the June Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the August Close Reading Unit. 10 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the September Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the October Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the November Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the December Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click the green links to see the titles included in each unit.
Click here to follow on FB for exclusive Facebook Only FREEBIES!
Click here to follow on Pinterest!
All informational texts are original. Literature or fiction pieces are either original pieces written by Harrod or retellings by me from public domain. Original pieces are the copyrighted works of Joe Harrod, operating under the umbrella entity of 247 Teacher LLC.
If you have colleagues interested in my work, please respect the DMCA by directing them to my store. Your purchase is for one classroom only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to print for more than one classroom. Additional licenses are listed at or more than 50% off. If you have any questions please communicate with at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ordering three or more?
Then, please read the following.
In order to provide you with a fair and accurate quote please contact me for information regarding pricing for team, grade level, school site, or district licenses.
All rights reserved by 247 Teacher. This product may not be distributed digitally such as through any usb flash drive or mass storage device. Under no circumstance can this product be uploaded to any cyber sharing platform such as a server, drive, network, wiki, or digital cloud storage unless approved by 247 Teacher LLC. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Thank you for recognizing my hard work and directing your colleagues to my store.