Also included in
- This BIG BUNDLE contains EVERYTHING you need for the school year! It has EDITABLE files and includes text-dependent questions, daily literacy activities, DOK questions, graphic organizers, and Depth and Complexity icons. Your students will be challenged while digging a little deeper into the texts A$95.00$109.00Save $14.00
Are you wondering how to teach the Common Core standards with your old Houghton Mifflin series? Then this product is PERFECT for you!
I created this VERY DETAILED and FANTASTIC EDITABLE resource out of my own needs to align my ELA curriculum to the Common Core Standards. This unit is PACKED with many fun activities, graphic organizers, games, daily literacy activities, blackline masters, and blank worksheets (editable to tailor them to the needs of your own classroom). Every worksheet has the Common Core standard listed in the top right-hand corner. Objectives and directions are listed on each activity. Each story section ends with an assessment of common core skills taught within that story and open-ended comprehension questions with the last question always connecting text to self, text to world, or text to text.
This unit is separated by stories and their skills. There is also a story resource section with more activities including vocabulary games and daily literacy activities.
This unit was created for 2nd grade but there are PLENTY of resources that can be used for other grades. Please download the preview for an overview of the unit and full-page previews.
Below is everything that is included in this Theme 4 unit:
ALL stories include:
- Focus wall Labels
- Vocabulary Word and Picture Cards
- Story High Frequency Word (HFW) Cards
- Spelling List CCSS RS 2.3
- Read Aloud Comprehension Skill Activity
- Story Comprehension Skill Activity
- Word Search CCSS RS2.3
- Vocabulary Review CCSS L2.4
- Draw and Write CCSS RI2.4
- Vocabulary Match Up Game CCSS RI2.4
- Unscramble the Ramble CCSS L2.4
- Skip and Scan CCSS RL2.5 (Differentiated)
- Phonics Skills Activity CCSS RF2.3
- Grammar and Word Skills (see each story for details)
- Making Connections: Connecting Text to Text(T-T),
Text to World(T-W), and Text to Self(T-S) CCSS RI2.3
- Vocabulary ABC CCSS L2.4
- Scramble, Sequence, and Summarize CCSS SL2.6, L2.1,
RL2.5, RL2.7 (Differentiated)
- Writing Activity CCSS W2.8
- Somebody, Wanted, But, So Summary CCSS RL2.5
- Common Core Aligned Skills and Comprehension
Assessment with Text Dependent Questions.
Officer Buckle and Gloria:
- Drawing Conclusions Activity CCSS RL 2.3
- ARRRR Matey’s! Treasure Chest and Word Hunt
- Describing our Character: Text-Dependent Words CCSS RL2.3, 2.6
- Monitor and Clarify Glasses CCSS RL2.1
- Interviewing A Friend CCSS W2.8
- Dictionary Entry Words CCSS L2.4
- Pronoun Activity CCSS L2.1
- Safety Poster Activity
- Write a Letter to Officer Buckle
-Adding s, es, ies Activity CCSS L2.1
-Describing our Character: Text Dependent Words CCSS RL2.3, 2.6
- Asking Questions CCSS RI 2.1
-Text Organization: Topic, Main Idea, Supporting Details Organizer and Activity CCSS L2.2
- Who Owns It? Possessive Nouns CCSS L2.2
- I and Me…Which One Can It Be? CCSS L2.1
- Make An Ant Flipbook
The Great Ball Game:
-Cause and Effect Activity CCSS RI2.3
-How to Draw A Bat: Following Directions CCSS W2.7
- Dictionary Entry Words CCSS L2.4
-Writing A Fable CCSS W2.3
- Summarizing: Somebody, Wanted, But, So CCSS RL2.7
- Compare and Contrast Activity CCSS RI2.9
- Theme Review Spelling List
-Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle CCSS RS2.3
-Vocabulary Review CCSS L2.4
-Unscramble the Ramble CCSS L2.4
-Cube It! Comprehension CCSS RS2.1
-Flip It! Questioning CCSS RL2.1
-Draw and Write Vocabulary CCSS RI2.4
Blackline Masters for ALL organizers
Blank worksheets to tailor to your own class needs.
Editable Files for All organizers and other resources
**Please download the preview for full-page sample
** Please consider purchasing Theme 1 since it includes my original comprehension skill chant posters and other resources that can be used throughout all the other themes. Thank You.
This unit and the editable file are in different folders in a zip file. If you are having problems unzipping this file, I would be more than happy to help.
Editable files are in jpeg format. You will need PowerPoint to use them. Just save the file onto your computer. Insert them into PowerPoint and add text boxes and insert your own text. Detailed directions for the editable files are included.
I hope that this resource will make your school year so much easier the way it has for my colleagues and me.
You may also like:
Buy the HM BUNDLE for the WHOLE YEAR and SAVE $14!!
Click here to get other themes: