Engage your students and practice core ELA skills with these fun, short tasks!
And now save time and money too with this collection of 2nd grade Essentials.
What is an Essential?
Essentials are short activities linked to basic reading, writing or language skills. In these activities, students practice these basic skills in real world situations that feature topics they know and love. We include final questions that help students develop critical thinking skills.
Each Essential also includes a complete teacher guide, answer key and rubric.
2nd Grade Bundle
The 2nd grade bundle includes 14 different Essentials Bundles:
- Commas in Letters - ‘Fan Letter Fixers’
- Informative Writing - ‘Budding Biographers’
- Key Details in Non-Fiction Texts - ‘Mascot Mania’
- Comparing Stories - ‘Version Variations’
- Simple & Compound Sentences - ‘Pizzazz Packers’
- Revising & Editing - ‘Story Submissions’
- Checking Spellings - ‘Dictionary Defense’
- Opinion Writing - ‘Music Critic’
- Determining Meaning - ‘Definition Detectives’
- Formal & Informal Language - ‘Social Media Mashup’
- Contractions - ‘Heroic Contractions’
- Irregular Plural Nouns - ‘Plural Noun Shootout’
- Narrative Writing - ‘Time Capsule’
- Past Tense Irregular Verbs - ‘Retired Recollections’
If you were to purchase each of these Essentials individually, it would cost $28. At only $21, this bundle saves you 25% off retail price.