This resource is excellent for use in speech language therapy sessions, language arts lessons, and test preparation. This vocabulary activity supports speaking/listening , language, reading, and writing standards from the 2nd Grade Common Core Standards. In this learning packet you will receive 36 multiple choice questions that support these specific standards:
1) ELACC2RL1, ELACC2RL2, ELACC2RL3, ELACC2RL5, ELACC2RL6, ELACC2RL7, ELACC2RL9 (Reading Literary)
2) ELACC2RI1, ELACC2RI2, ELACC2RI4, ELACC2RI6 (Reading Informational)
3) ELACC2W1, ELACC2W2, ELACC2W3 (Writing)
4) ELACC2L1, ELACC2L4 (Language)
5) ELACC2SL4, ELACC2SL6 (Speaking and Listening)
This packet may also be used with 3rd grade students who may not have learned skills listed in the 2nd grade E/LA standards.
A vocabulary sorting activity is also included so that students can practice categorizing 54 language arts terms into correct groups. This is a prerequisite skill for increasing language processing and comprehension of grade level content. The vocabulary relates to E/LA vocabulary addressed in grades K-5.
This activity has been used successfully in several group speech-language therapy sessions with my students! Purchase and enjoy!