With 180 differentiated cards for students to sort, this resource is the perfect way to reinforce equality and inequality expressions. This sorting activity is a perfect activity to have in math centers, and is easily differentiated. Here's what's included:
Sorting "header" cards (equal symbol, not equal symbol, true, and false)
The following cards are organized so that they each have 6 "equal" expressions and 6 "not equal" expressions for students to sort.
- Simple Equality/Inequality (8=4, 5=5, 6=3)
- Addition without regrouping
- Addition with regrouping
- Subtraction without regrouping
- Subtraction with regrouping
- Addition Expressions (6+3=8+1)
- Subtraction Expressions (9-3=7-1)
-Mixed Expressions (9+6=18-3)
There are 180 cards in all!
Aligns with VA SOL 2.17 (new 2016 standards)