This Fall Math Mystery (Grade 2) “Case of The Furious Fall Winds” is a fun autumn math mystery where students must solve a variety of math clues to help catch the criminal vandalizing the home of Sheldon, The Shaman of Seasons! Engage and motivate your students in this fun detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating suspects. These NO PREP worksheets are great for individual or group practice and review.
This fall, Mathhattan has been experiencing some furious winds. But these winds are no ordinary winds; if anyone is pulling a face while the wind blows over them, it will stay that way! A great math detective is needed to calm Sheldon the Shaman down by finding out who is trying to blackmail him into changing the season back to summer!
NEW - Editable Suspects list added to the packet. This way you can change the character names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story: Case of The Furious Fall Winds
- Possible Suspects List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Reading Numbers Written in Words (Less than a hundred)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Addition (two-digit and one-digit number, no regrouping)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Subtraction (one-digit number from a two-digit number, no regrouping)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Balance Addition Equations (Numbers 1-20)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Converting From Expanded form (3-digit and 2-digit numbers)
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case!
I hope your students enjoy this fall math activity. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This math mystery story is also currently available for Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6. Click on the links below to preview skills covered in each:
Fall Math Mystery: Case of The Furious Fall Winds (GRADE 3)
Fall Math Mystery: Case of The Furious Fall Winds (GRADE 4)
Fall Math Mystery: Case of The Furious Fall Winds (GRADE 5)
Fall Math Mystery: Case of The Furious Fall Winds (GRADE 6)
(Please note that the mystery story and word clues are the same across the grade versions, however the math questions/skills required to crack each clue are different. You can email me if you would like an example.)
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new math mysteries, freebies and more!
Some other products that you may also be interested in:
Christmas Math Mystery: Case of The Selfish Elf (GRADE 2)
Back to School Math Mystery: Case of The School Invaders _GRADE 2
Thanksgiving Math Mystery: Case of The Gobbler's Curse - GRADE 2
Halloween Math Mystery: Case of The Tricking Treat GRADE 2
Cut and Paste Style (Easier) Math Mystery
Math Mystery_Addition and Subtraction_Case of The Great Zoo Escape (GRADE 1-2)
Product Tags: Fall math center, fall math center printables, fall math, common core math, fall common core, fall math activity, fall activities, fall math work, fall math NO PREP, fall, math, fall math review, Autumn math center, Autumn math center printables, Autumn math, common core math, Autumn common core, fun autumn math activity, autumn activities, autumn math work, autumn math NO PREP, autumn, math, autumn math review.