Weekly Interactive Lesson Plan Template Aligned to the Second Grade FLORIDA LAFS and MAFS Standards
PLEASE SEE THE NOTES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS DESCRIPTION BEFORE PURCHASING
FLORIDA Second Grade Teachers:
Are you required to align your lesson plans with the Second Grade LAFS AND MAFS Standards?
Do you want a lesson plan template that will save you time in planning your lessons?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of General Education Second Grade lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the FLORIDA STATE STANDARDS in the areas of English Language Arts – Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language- and Mathematics; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lessons for your Second Grade students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans!
This product contains a total of 6 templates. Each subject area template contains the following sections: Identifying Information, Common Core Standards Focus, Learning Targets/I Can Statements, Essential Questions, Materials/Instructional Resources, Integration of Technology, Scaffolding Extensions - IEP/504 Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services (both General and subject specific) Procedures, Evaluation, and Notes/Reflections. Each section is explained more fully below.
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the unit/theme being studied, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. LAFS OR MAFS FOCUS – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for the lesson with a section for each domain in each subject area (see note at bottom);
3. A section for Learning Targets/I Can Statements, Essential Questions, and Materials/Instructional Resources with plain text content control typing fields;
4. A section for Integration of Technology with drop down menu for selecting the specific strategy for integrating technology into the lesson;
5. A section for Scaffolding Extensions - General and Subject Specific Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for selecting up to three general and three subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services to document that you are implementing differentiation strategies and addressing the needs of your special needs learners;
6. A Procedures section with space to include explicit instructional strategies for five days (Explanation/Modeling – I Do It; Guided Practice - We Do It; Independent Practice – You Do It and a Closure section – all with plain text content control typing fields) - set also includes a set of templates with generic instructional format for those who may not utilize the Explicit Instructional format;
7. An Evaluation section with space to specify the Formative Assessments you will use for each of the five days. The specific formative assessment to be used can be selected from a drop down menu – just click on the selected assessment and it is inserted into the document! The Evaluation section also contains space for you to select from a drop down menu the Summative Assessment you will use as well as an optional Scoring Rubric section for you to type in the criteria for four levels of performance; and
8. A Notes/Reflections section with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains templates for Second Grade in Word document format for the subject areas of English Language Arts- Reading, English Language Arts – Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language, and Mathematics (both explicit and generic procedures formats). The Word Documents are fully editable.
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Second Grade Teachers! These lesson plan templates contain everything you need to complete thorough lesson plans, aligned to the LAFS AND MAFS and using research-based instructional and assessment strategies.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Word document templates were created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features in the Word documents are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features in the Word document will not work on a PC computer with Windows 2003 version or earlier nor on a Mac.
**PLEASE NOTE: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus in the Word documents. For the Word documents, no more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list and displayed or printed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit in the drop down menu will be cut off when inserted into the document.
If you have any questions regarding these Second Grade Florida Standards Aligned Lesson Plan Templates, feel free to contact me and...HAPPY (SPEEDY) PLANNING!