2nd Grade No-Prep Fluency and Close Reading Homework
36 weeks of homework or intervention to improve second grade students' reading fluency and close reading skills.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading the assignment for the day
(letters, words, or sentences depending on the level) and then complete a quick close reading activity
to help strengthen skills. There are also weekly parent tips
to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
You could send home the same assignment with each student for the week, or use the different levels to differentiate.
Each week contains:
• 2 pages (copy double sided)
• 1 leveled passage for daily reading (alternating fiction and non-fiction)
• 4 days of short close reading activities
• Parent Tips
Leveled Reading Fluency Passages:
36 weeks total
• 4 weeks reading level E (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level F (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level G (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level H (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level I (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level J (set 1)
• 4 weeks reading level K (set 1)
• 4 weeks reading level L (set 1)
• 4 weeks reading level M (set 1)
the Level E, F, G, H, I practice sheets in this bundle are different
than the ones in the 1st Grade Fluency Bundle.
This is a great companion resource to any of our other fluency products.
→Download the 2nd Grade Fluency Sampler to try out 5 weeks of homework.
Connect with us! • Second Story Window