Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Groundhog Day Math Mystery (Grade 2) - NO PREP and common core aligned activity, great for practice and review. Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students to practice a variety of math skills with this fun Groundhog Day themed Math Mystery!
INCLUDES VIDEO HOOK
NEW - Editable Suspects list added to the packet. This way you can change the suspect names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead. This is a great option if your students have already done this mystery story before and you need to change the mystery answer.
Trouble has struck Mathhattan! Chuck the Groundhog has been kidnapped! A great math detective is needed to solve the case and save Chuck.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Addition (within 20)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Convert 3-digit numbers from expanded form
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Comparing Numbers (2-digit and 3-digit numbers)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: 2-Digit Subtraction (with some regrouping)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Making 20 - Fill in the missing number to make the addition/subtraction sentence true
- A student suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and save Chuck the Groundhog!
This math mystery is part of the Math Mystery Bundle: Holiday Fun Pack GRADE 2
Get 11 math mysteries discounted when buying this bundle!
This Groundhog Day math mystery is also available for other grades. Click on the links below to preview the skills covered in each:
GROUNDHOG DAY GRADE LEVELS
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow to stay updated on new freebies and mysteries added to my store!
You may also like: