Also included in
- This mega bundle features units that focus on 2nd grade community themes in social studies (although it can be used in 1st or 3rd grade as well. This bundle features all of my units 1-6 in a giant bundle that includes over 450 pages! You save when you bundle instead of buying them individually!GOO$45.00$56.00Save $11.00
This unit looks at communities in the past and the present. It allows you to show your students how your own community started and where it is today. There are activities that discuss how we live now compared to the past. Look below to see what is included!
GOOGLE DRIVE ACCESS LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE PDF DOWNLOAD ON THE GOOGLE DRIVE ACCESS PAGE
Digital files available to download via Google Slides and Forms
Want to see a sample lesson? CLICK HERE FOR A LESSON FREEBIE
6 Lesson Plans
5 Reading Comprehension Pages
Past to Present Changes Posters
Real Photo cards of the past/artifacts/comparisons
- Native Americans
- natural resources
- negative consequences
- positive consequences
- point of view
- Clues to the Past
- Past vs. Present
- Vocabulary Cut & Glue
- History Detectives set
- including the "How Have We Changed" Venn Diagram set
- What's an Artifact?
- Create Your Own Timeline Project (10 half pages!)
- My Community Timeline
- My Community Then & Now
- Aspects of Community Change
- Presidential Reporters Project (4 pages)
- Problems in the Past & Present Venn Diagram
- An Important Moment in our Communities History
Check out more exciting goodies!
Don't forget to follow me for updates, sales, and info on flash freebies!