Teach your students to apply the typically unspoken rules of handwriting. “Second Grade Scores!” is Occupational Therapist-designed and based on current research. This resource includes everything you need to shore up the speed and legibility of second grade students who struggle with handwriting. Take your students to the next level by teaching them how to improve:
✔︎ letter formations,
✔︎ size of letters,
✔︎ letter placement on lines,
✔︎ spaces between words,
✔︎ writing on notebook paper,
✔︎ writing without lines, and
✔︎ automaticity of handwriting.
Students enjoy the soccer theme. They will be motivated to beat their own automaticity scores and self-identify their own legibility errors.
The Handwriting Instruction and Practice Book can be used in a variety of ways:
*Whole class instruction.
*Partial class intervention.
*Small group or individual intervention that is delivered by staff, parents, volunteers, or tutor.
*Response to Intervention (RTI) small group tool that is delivered by an interventionist or occupational therapist.
*Individual therapy tool delivered by an occupational therapist.
“Second Grade Scores!" is designed for two 20-25 minute weekly sessions for a total of ten weeks within a one-semester period. The first session typically involves explicit instruction of a core concept, and the second session allows your students the opportunity to practice and apply that handwriting principle during a writing activity. This program includes a 13-page teacher’s guide and a 29-page student book. The teacher’s guide provides you with specific instructions for explicit instruction within step-by-step lesson plans. You can choose from two covers for the student book: “Second Grade Scores” for second graders; or if you are using this book with students who are at a second-grade ‘level’ but not in second grade, “Handwriting Superstars.”
* Print Path uses its own font that more closely resembles Handwriting Without Tears than Zaner-Bloser or D'Nealian. Letters have a vertical alignment, they do not push off the writing line, and it is visually evident that most lowercase letters are made with single strokes. Print Path has its own distinct curriculum with scope, sequence, visual cues, verbal path of movement language, and multisensory methods. If you are looking for the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum, follow this link.
********************* Customer Feedback **************
* Awesome practical resource.
* Love it. Very doable in short increments of time.
* Makes practicing handwriting fun
* Great investment as these worksheets help second graders transition to writing on standard notebook paper in the upper grades.
* Great variety of pages!
* I am not exaggerating with all the A's. I purchased this handwriting program for my third grade grandson to work on in the morning. His school sadly does not have much curriculum for handwriting at all, and his handwriting was far, far, behind his classmates. It was engaging for him (not boring!) and I could see his progress throughout the course. Each page took him about a half hour in the morning before school. I highly recommend this pack.
* Excellent resource for both 2nd/3rd grade students!
* Really helpful. Very well laid out to make it approachable to the kids.
* Great activities that engage my learners in Handwriting! They really enjoy the movement opportunities thus far.
* Very well organized and clear teaching notes. Thank you!
* I am seeing so much improvement from my students!
Freebies and Discounts!
Follow Print Path on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated on discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted at up to 50% for the first 24 hours.
Comments... Love 'Em!!
Your feedback brightens my day and helps me to continually improve PrintPath products. If you download this product, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. If you are not entirely satisfied with a resource that you have purchased, please email me, info@PrintPath.org. Thanks!!
You can print unlimited copies for you and your students. However, you may not distribute copies to friends or fellow teachers.
For utilization of other research based best practices for handwriting instruction, you may be interested in this sequence of handwriting instruction:
Capitals First!: Book One [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Capitals First!: Book Two [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Numbers Next Bundle [PreSchool]
Numbers Next Practice Book [Kindergarten]
Lowercase at Last!: Book One [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Lowercase at Last!: Book Two [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Winged Writers [First Grade / Second Grade]
Second Grade Scores or Handwriting Superstars [Second - Third Grade]
Raise the Roof [Third – Fifth Grade]