These vocabulary resources support Houghton Mifflin's Theme 4: Ant and include the words: antennae, cocoon, colony, fungus, larvae, and tunnel. The words are color-coded to match different parts of speech: red=nouns; green=verbs; blue=adjectives; orange=other.
I've put together all the items that I use as an EL teacher and share with my classroom co-teachers to introduce, review, and practice weekly vocabulary. This pack includes the following:
1. Powerpoint for introducing new words (with pictures, sentences, and sentence frames)
2. Posters for displaying weekly vocabulary (with pictures and sentence frames)
3. Flashcards for daily practice and review (with words and pictures)
4. Worksheets for guided or independent practice (with answer keys)
5. Instructions on how to use each item, including tips for teaching ELs.
Hope you find this useful in your classroom!