This zip file contains PowerPoints and Microsoft Word documents. The documents can be used to accompany the Houghton Mifflin Journeys program. These documents go along with Grade 2: Lesson 6: Animals Building Homes
1. High Frequency Words: Introduces words and they can be put in ABC order
2: Plural Nouns: Review of nouns and adding es to nouns ending with sh, ch, s, and x
1. Take Home Sheet: It lists spelling words, high frequency words, and vocabulary words for the week
2. Decodable Readers: Questions to accompany the stories A Job for Bob and Baby Animals
3. Trifold for Animals Building Homes
4. Connect Four Board: Lists a possible 16 spelling and high frequency word activities for students to choose from. I have students work on this board throughout the week once they are finished with the comprehension activity I have assigned.
5. Graphing sheet using spelling words
6. Graphing sheet using high frequency words
7. Glossary Worksheet: Students use glossary to find and write meanings for vocabulary words
8. Questions to accompany with ELL Selection Summary: I use this as weekly test practice
9. Vocabulary seat work: Students draw a picture then write a sentence for each vocabulary word
All documents are saved as a zip file and can be edited in Word or PowerPoint
*These resources go with the 2012 edition of Journeys.