This zip file contains PowerPoints and Microsoft Word documents. The documents can be used to accompany the Houghton Mifflin Journeys program. These documents go along with Grade 2: Lesson 7: The Ugly Vegetables
1: Spelling: Spelling words with letters missing. Students tell missing letters and animation fills them in.
2. High Frequency Words: Introduction to Words for the week
3: High Frequency Words: Students read, spell, write, check high frequency words. Animation will cover up the word as the student spells it, pressing the space bar will allow students to see the word again and check if they got it right
4: Proper Nouns: Introduction to proper nouns, includes slides for identifying and capitalizing proper nouns in sentences
1. Take Home Sheet: It lists spelling words, high frequency words, and vocabulary words for the week
2. Decodable Readers: Questions to accompany the stories Jill and Mack and Rabbit's Muffins
3. Trifold for The Ugly Vegetables
4. Connect Four Board: Lists a possible 16 spelling and high frequency word activities for students to choose from. I have students work on this board throughout the week once they are finished with the comprehension activity I have assigned.
5. Graphing sheet using spelling words
6. Graphing sheet using high frequency words
7. Glossary Worksheet: Students use glossary to find and write meanings for vocabulary words
8. Vocabulary seat work: Students draw a picture then write a sentence for each vocabulary word
9. Homophones Worksheet: Students use context clues to figure out the meaning of the homophone in the sentence
10: Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check (Used with connect four board)
All documents are saved to as a zip file and can be edited in Word or PowerPoint
*These resources go with the 2012 edition of Journeys.