This zip file contains PowerPoints and Microsoft Word documents. The documents can be used to accompany the Houghton Mifflin Journeys program. These documents go along with Grade 2: Lesson 8: Super Storms
1: Spelling: Spelling words with letters missing. Students tell missing letters and animation fills them in.
2. High Frequency Words: Introduction to Words for the week
3: Verbs: Introduces verbs and goes over present and past tense verbs
1. Take Home Sheet: It lists spelling words, high frequency words, and vocabulary words for the week
2. Decodable Readers: Questions to accompany the stories Drifting Up, Up, Up and Whales
3. Trifold for Super Storms
4. Connect Four Board: Lists a possible 16 spelling and high frequency word activities for students to choose from. I have students work on this board throughout the week once they are finished with the comprehension activity I have assigned.
5. Graphing sheet using spelling words
6. Graphing sheet using high frequency words
7. Glossary Worksheet: Students use glossary to find and write meanings for vocabulary words
8: Webs for Main Idea/Details using the stories Whales and Baby Animals (Decodable Readers)
9: Questions to go with Super Storms summary in Grab and Go (Used for test practice in my classroom)
All documents are saved to as a zip file and can be edited in Word or PowerPoint
*These resources go with the 2012 edition of Journeys.