Products in this Bundle (3)
Make meeting the common core just a little easier (and more fun) with this language arts common core task card bundle. Meet most of the 2nd grade common core standards in language, informational text, and literature! Save when you buy the bundle!
Each of the three resources in this bundle has a game board to make using the task cards at centers and in groups more fun.
By purchasing this bundle of all three units, you are saving 20% off of the individual price per unit.
Each resource includes a 36 task card resource that focuses on 3 different areas of the language arts curriculum: language, literature and informational text.
To get a better idea of what's included in this bundle, check out the individual write-ups for each resource:
ONE NOTE ABOUT THE INFORMATIONAL TEXT TASK CARDS IN THIS BUNDLE:
Informational text is now given over 50% of reading time and focus in class, as required by the Common Core Standards. This is because reading informational text is more difficult for students, and it requires more practice. As adults, it will also be the primary type of reading they will do. This makes informational text reading skills essential. Due to these requirements, the text on these particular task cards is a bit longer than on other task cards in this series. They still fall within the reading level of 2.0 to 2.9, (as determined by Okapi Readability), but will be more difficult for students. It is recommended that teachers start out using 12 task cards at a time to reduce the amount of reading text students must accomplish. More can be added as skills are acquired.
Buyers also have access to the TPT digital Overlay for each resource. Click on the "Use as a Buyer" red box to access this digital version. The "Use as a Buyer" box is NOT on this page. To access the "Use as a Buyer" button and the digital overlay, click on each individual resource in this bundle. This will take you to each individual product page. On this page you will see the "Use as a Buyer" button under the price of the resource. Teachers will be able to edit the directions to customize the resource if needed, add more pages from the original resource and more.
To see all standards addressed in this resource please see the list above to the right of the resource picture.
Task cards can be used in many different ways:
1. Centers and/or stations…since task cards can be done in any
order, they are easy to share.
2. In pairs or small groups
3. Whole class
a. Quick review before going home, or to specials
b. Teacher reads question, students write answers on white
c. Use as an assessment. Task cards don’t feel like a test, so
test phobic students are more relaxed.
4. Independent work at seats
5. Send home for homework as reinforcement for students
6. Test Prep
7. Games..Use game boards and dice. Place task cards upside down above game board. As students move around board they must answer task card questions. Partners use the grading key to tell if the answer is correct. Student may only move if the answer is correct.
8. Scoot...Give one answer sheet and one task card per student. Give students 30 seconds to answer their task card question on the answer sheet. Set timer for 30 seconds again and say, "Scoot". Student leaves his/her card on their desk and move to the next seat to answer that question. When the timer dings say, "Scoot" again and students move to next seat until all cards are answered on the answer sheet.
9. Scavenger Hunt...Hide cards around the classroom. Give each student one answer sheet. Students search for cards and answer them as they are found.
10. Jenga...Number Jenga blocks to 36 (or less if you wish). Students play in groups of three-four and take turns pulling them out. Students all answer the task card number on each block on their answer sheet until the Jenga blocks tumble.
11. Exit ticket...Pass one task card to each student plus one sticky note. Students answer on the sticky note and place on board on the way out the door.
This set includes:
- Table of Contents for each resource
- Standards Correlation for each resource
- Teacher Notes
- A total of 108 task cards (36 for each resource)
- Task Card Cover Sheets
- Three learning games
If you would like more information on each resource (including specific standards met) please click below:
Would you like to receive 1/2 off of all new products during the first 48 hours of launch? Click on the "follow me" button next to the green star!
2nd Grade Language Arts Task Card Bundle by Jan Bernard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.