This is a fabulous unit that includes 36 separate lesson plans to use with your 2nd grade students in the library or classroom. These lessons can be used if you are on a 6-week or 9-week grading period, or can also be used in isolation. Most activities correspond to either a Fiction or Non-Fiction book (sometimes both) that are common to libraries, but can also be easily purchased through Amazon.com if needed. Most activities are general enough that you can also substitute other books to go with the lesson. If you follow them in order, they will take you through a normal school calendar year (August/September through May/June).
Each lesson page includes:
1) The Week number
2) The Library Skill/Concept Taught
3) The Book title(s)
4) A detailed step-by-step lesson plan
5) Additional activities that can be done after the lesson
6) Technology extension activities
7) Now including a blank template so you can use the same format to create your own lessons!
8) Now including a checklist for Common Core Standards or Texas TEKS.
These lessons can also be put into an “Emergency Binder” to use for those unexpected times when you are out sick, and don’t have the time or energy to try and write up detailed lesson plans for a substitute.
I hope you find this unit helpful!