The Magic Of Math Unit 10 (a 2-Week Unit) for SECOND GRADE focuses on:
Unknown Numbers in Addition and Subtraction Equations and Word Problems
Adding and Subtracting 10 and 100 (10 More, Less/ 100 More, Less)
Here is what is included in this two week long unit for 2nd grade:
-Daily Lesson Plans for 10 days
-Aligned with the 2nd Grade Common Core and TEKS
-10 Word Problems for each day that complement the skills
-Interactive Notebook Printables
-Games, Activities, and Crafts to enhance learning
-Minilessons with ideas on how to teach the skills as well as materials needed
-I Can Statements
-Anchor Chart and Pocket Chart Materials
Want a Closer Look? Here are some (not all!) activities included:
- Week One has a detective/mystery theme- The Case of the Missing Numbers
- Detective Badge to Check off Completed Cases
- Detective Hat
- Using a Number Line to find missing addends
- Crack the Code: Solving missing addend equations to crack a riddle
- Case of the Missing Treats: Matching missing addends to their equations
- Relating Subtraction to Addition to find missing addends
- Solve and Reveal- Solve Missing Addend Equations and use magnifying glasses to find answers
- Solve and Answer a Riddle
- Secret Agent Number Bonds
- Unknown Numbers in Subtraction
- A Trail of Numbers: Using Subtraction to find unknown numbers
- Word Problem Wrap-Up
- Disappearing Numbers- Finding the Whole
- Case of the Missing Cookies
- Musical Math: Number Bonds with Unknown Numbers
- Case: Find the Prints
- Unknown Numbers Assessment
- Ten More and Less Anchor Chart Pieces
- Domino Math with 10 More, 10 Less
- Draw, Spin and Create
- Tag a Troll: Ten More and Less
- Out of Con 'Troll' game
- Troll Trouble- Matching Ten More/Less Activity
- 100 More/Less Anchor Chart Materials
- Race to 1,000
- What Number Am I?
- Flip, Smash, Solve
- Roll a Number and Solve
- I Have Who Has: 10 and 100 More/Less
- Roll, Spin, Race: 10 and 100 More/Less
- 10 More/Less Assessment
-What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide the daily lesson plans, word problem, mini-lesson, activity, and interactive notebook entries. If you don't have time for it all, that's okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
-Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copy/pasted from things we have previously made.
-What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
-WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. You will not find any worksheets in this series. Instead we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
-Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!
Check out our other units: 2nd Grade Magic of Math BUNDLEUnit 1: Place ValueUnit 2: Addition and SubtractionUnit 3: Geometry and FractionsUnit 4: 2 and 3 Digit RegroupingUnit 5: Money and Personal Financial Literacy
Unit 6: Measurement
Unit 7: Time
Unit 8: Graphs and Data
Unit 9: Multiplication and Division
Unit 10: Unknown Numbers, 10 & 100 More/Less
For Third Grade Math Units Click HERE