The Magic Of Math Unit 8 for SECOND GRADE focuses on:
Here is what is included in this two week long unit for 2nd grade:
-Daily Lesson Plans for 20 days
-Aligned with the 2nd Grade Common Core and TEKS
-20 Word Problems for each day that complement the skills
-Interactive Notebook Printables
-Games, Activities, and Crafts to enhance learning
-Minilessons with ideas on how to teach the skills as well as materials needed
-I Can Statements
-Anchor Chart and Pocket Chart Materials
Want a Closer Look? Here are some (not all!) activities included:
- Labeling a Bar Graph
- Don't Burst My Bubble: students spin and graph
- 4 interactive notebook bar graph activities
- Bar Graph Discussion Stems
- Daily Whole Class Bar Graph Charts with Would You Rather Questions
- The Free Throw- Students gather data and complete bar graph
- Our Favorite Pizza- Students make pizza and graph
- Finger Twister- Play Game and Graph results
- Strike! Bowling Game to Collect Data
- Bar Graph Assessment
- Parts of a Pictograph Chart
- 5 Whole Class Large Pictographs
- Graphing Fruit Loops
- Interpreting Graphs
- Graphing Skittles
- Turning Bar Graphs into Pictographs
- Monster Burger- Build a Burger and Graph
- Spin and Graph Emojis
- Off to the Races- True and False Graphing Activity
- Pictograph Assessment
- Line Plot Question Stems
- 5 Whole Group Line Plots to Make with Templates
- Roll and Plot
- Spin and Plot
- Missing Teeth Line Plot
- Spin, Add, and Plot Sums
- Measuring Lines and Plotting
- Measuring Insects and Plotting
- Lend a Hand With Line Plots- Measuring Hands and Fingers and plotting
- Measuring Objects Around the Room and Plotting
- Snack and Plot- Goldfish Line Plot
- Line Plot Assessment
- Turning Given Data into Graphs and Answering Questions
- Graph Project Booklet (Choosing a Topic, Creating Survey, Collecting Data, Creating Graphs, Generating Questions, Rubric)
- Creating Questions for Given Graphs
- Drawing Conclusions and Making Predictions with Graphs
- Explaining Patterns in Graphs
- Graph Assessment
-What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide the daily lesson plans, word problem, mini-lesson, activity, and interactive notebook entries. If you don't have time for it all, that's okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
-Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copy/pasted from things we have previously made.
-What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
-WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. You will not find any worksheets in this series. Instead we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
-Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!
Check out our other units:
2nd Grade Magic of Math BUNDLEUnit 1: Place ValueUnit 2: Addition and SubtractionUnit 3: Geometry and FractionsUnit 4: 2 and 3 Digit RegroupingUnit 5: Money and Personal Financial Literacy
Unit 6: Measurement
Unit 7: Time
Unit 8: Graphs and Data
Unit 9: Multiplication and Division
Unit 10: Unknown Numbers, 10 & 100 More/Less
For Third Grade Math Units Click HERE