These games make 2nd grade geometry standards so much fun to practice! This 2nd Grade Geometry Games Pack
contains 18 fun and engaging printable board games to help students to practice identifying the attributes of polygons and three-dimensional shapes, naming polygons and three-dimensional shapes, partitioning rectangles into squares, partitioning shapes into halves, thirds, and fourths, and more!
This pack includes 18 ENGAGING games that cover the following 2nd grade geometry skills:
Recognizing attributes of polygons:
• Count the number of angles in polygons
• Count the number of sides in polygons
• Identify polygons by the number of angles and sides
• Name common polygons (triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, and hexagons)
• Identify common polygons by their attributes
Recognizing attributes of three-dimensional shapes:
• Name common three-dimensional shapes (cubes, rectangular prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, spheres)
• Identify common three-dimensional shapes by their attributes
Partitioning rectangles into same-size squares:
• Match a description (i.e. 2 rows of 3 squares) to rectangle arrays
• Match repeated addition equations to rectangle arrays
• Match descriptions of rectangle arrays to repeated addition equations
• Count the number of squares in rectangle arrays
• Draw arrays on a grid based on a description (i.e. 2 rows of 3 squares)
Partitioning shapes into equal shares:
• Count the number of equal parts
• Identify halves, thirds, and fourths
• Name shapes divided into halves, thirds, and fourths
• Solve problems with objects divided into halves, thirds, and fourths (i.e. 2 cookies are cut into halves. How many equal pieces?)
• Identify a half of, a third of, a fourth of, and a quarter of
• Identify shaded parts of shapes (i.e. 2 thirds, 3 fourths, and 4 fourths = 1 whole)
These games are so simple to use
and require very minimal prep
- just print, grab some basic materials, and play! They are perfect to use in math centers or as extension activities when students complete their work!
Included with this 2nd Grade Geometry Games Pack:
• Instructions for play
• 18 printable games
• Answer keys for all of the games
Want to learn more about the games included?
Check out the preview file above.
If you enjoyed these 2nd grade games,
you may also like these other differentiated and standards-aligned 2nd grade game packs:
2nd Grade Operations Games Pack
You might also like these other games by Games 4 Gains:
Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour Bingo
Telling Time to Five Minutes Bingo
Money - All About Coins Bump Games
Money Board Game
Measuring to the Nearest Whole 'Clip and Flip' Cards
Click on the ★ above to follow our store.
Leave feedback to earn credit points to save money on future products!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License