This 2nd Grade Guided Math bundle includes everything you need to teach math in your second grade classroom. It includes daily materials, enough for you to use this as your math curriculum! Lesson plans are standards based and have a specific, achievable objective for each day. Units include pre and post assessments, daily practice pages, daily center activities, vocabulary cards, questioning cards, anchor chart posters, and additional resources to support your instruction.
These units are independent of each other and can be taught out of order. So, if you have to follow a pacing guide from your district, you can change the order. 2nd Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
️❤️ Why Teachers Love This Bundle️❤️
- COMPLETELY EDITABLE Lesson Plans that are DONE for you! (Such a HUGE timesaver!)
- Remediation and Enrichment Suggestions for EACH Lesson!
- They report struggling learners THRIVING and students who are ENGAGED and WANT to do math!
- Built-In review time all year!
- Lessons that keep a steady pace so you can cover all standards without rushing your students along!
- Specific and "achievable" objectives for each day!
- PLENTY of activities to choose from!
- Guided Math Teacher Handbook and Overview Learn how you can use the components of Guided Math, a list of suggested read alouds by unit, plus a day by day overview of the entire year.
- Launching Guided Math-A Ten Day Plan for the first two weeks of school Teach your students how to do Guided Math!
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards that help your students learn new vocabulary and incorporate it into their math conversations
- Vocabulary Trifolds are a perfect addition to your math interactive notebooks
- Questioning Cards to guide your lesson and group conversations
- Printables to support instruction including anchor chart posters, templates, manipulatives, and other tools to support your instruction
- Daily lesson plans that are teacher and student-friendly and are fully editable so you can adjust them to meet the needs of your students
- Problem of the Day in four different formats!
- Daily worksheets that are a quick check of the lesson taught each day. Each day 5 practice page is a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as formative assessment.
- Daily center activities that provide fun and engaging extra practice
- Additional resources including extra games, interactive notebooks and other resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for each unit that use similar problems so you can directly gauge student growth
- Answer keys for the assessments and practice pages to save you precious time
- Unit Assessment Grade Book A fully editable excel file grade book that can be used to track students' pre and post assessment scores
- Student Graphs for Tracking Data that students can use to keep track of their assessment scores and track their growth
⭐Download the preview to learn more!⭐
This resource can also be used as a full-year curriculum. There are a total of 32 weeks of instruction provided. I broke this up into four quarters, with 8 weeks per quarter. If you are in a traditional school that will give you an extra week each quarter for review, test prep, or to use as a buffer (because we all know interruptions happen).
⚠️These units are aligned to Common Core. For a complete breakdown of which standards are covered in each unit across grades 1-5,download this free Common Core alignment Guide!
⚠️TEKS Teachers: Download the preview to see what TEKS standards correlate to this bundle! Each unit is given as 2 PDF's--one for Common Core and one for TEKS. You can also check outthis free download for a breakdown of the TEKS covered.
Here is an overview of the units that are included in 2nd Grade Guided Math.
- Unit 1 Place Value (5 Weeks)
- Unit 2 Even & Odd (1 Week)
- Unit 3 Mental Math (Tens and Hundreds) (2 Weeks)
- Unit 6 Geometry (2 Weeks)
- Unit 7 Arrays and Partitioning Rectangles (2 Weeks)
- Unit 8 Time (2 Weeks)
- Unit 9 Money (2 Weeks)
- Unit 10 Measuring Length (2 Weeks)
- Unit 11 Adding and Subtracting with Measurement (3 Weeks)
- Unit 12 Line Plots & Graphs (3 Weeks)
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐These math bundles are amazing and come highly recommended by all the special education teachers in my school. They have so much information and everything is right there. AMAZING product.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Only a few weeks into using this, but it has been a wonderful resource. The format is consistent which has helped my students. Having extension and station activities has been a huge help to me. Thank you for a great resource!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This resource is a teacher's dream! I am using this resource to help me plan along side of my curriculum. The extensions are great. It also provides another perspective on how to keep ALL students engaged throughout content.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This resource is awesome! I love that everything is right there ready to print and use with my students! The activities and lessons are highly engaging!
FAQ: Are the Thrifty in Third Grade Guided Math Units based on research?
Yes! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the research that went into designing the framework of these units.
If you have any other questions please feel free to email me!
Get Digital Companions To Use Along With These Guided Math Units!
Other 2nd Grade Math Resources:
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED