Products in this Bundle (39)
showing 1-5 of 39 products
Do you feel lost planning second grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your 2nd grade math curriculum, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you!
WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Many teachers and districts are wanting more problem solving in the primary classrooms. But they also understand the gaps in math instruction when math story problems are 100% of the instruction. Guided Math is a balanced 2nd grade math curriculum that addresses both of these needs.
WHAT IS GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Guided math workshop is a comprehensive 2nd grade math curriculum I've developed to balance math instruction. It incorporates all of the Cognitively Guided Math principles I've used in the classroom for years, plus many of the hands on games and skill activities that I've also found beneficial for primary students and that problem solving heavy curriculums lack.
Find more detailed information on the whats and whys plus the weekly schedule and routine in the preview! I have also included a list of materials and manipulatives needed with links in the preview download!
Want to try this curriculum for FREE first? includes the first 10 days of lesson plans for Guided Math Workshop, plus a few printables to get you started. It will give you an idea of what this curriculum is like before purchasing the entire 2nd grade math curriculum.
The Guided Math Workshop Lesson plans resource is part of this curriculum bundle and includes the lesson plans, narrative how-tos, some exclusive paper and digital resources and more.
This comprehensive Guided Math Workshop Bundle includes the lesson plans PLUS all of the resources currently in my store that are used and linked directly in the lesson plans. It is a one stop shop for your 2nd grade math curriculum!
INCLUDED IN THIS 2ND GRADE MATH CURRICULUM
• 36 Weekly lesson plans (each week is on one page)
• Year at a glance overview with the big idea for each of the 36 weeks (included in the preview!)
• Bonus paper and digital materials
• Outside resources referenced in the plans ARE included - They are in a separate file linked in the plans (see the list of resources)
• 33 Anchor charts
• Number Choice progressions chart for addition and subtraction (an explanation of how to choose the right numbers to build base 10 understanding)
• Math problem type overview
• Problem Solving Strategy Progression Charts for Addition, Subtraction, Comparing, Multiplication and Division
• Detailed narratives for: getting started, assessing and forming small groups, creating and editing the rotation boards, routines for Meet With Me time for each level of groups, what materials you may also want to use, and much more!
• A list of trade books and manipulatives/resources used in the curriculum with links
EACH MATH WEEKLY LESSON PLAN INCLUDES THESE SECTIONS
• Material lists
• Before lesson prep notes
• Mini-lessons or warm-ups
• Story problem launching scripts
• Story problem share time guiding questions
• Whole group lessons
• Anchor chart ideas and plans
• Standards list (SMPs and Common Core Tags)
• Math Talks with guiding questions
• Hands-on activity plans and material lists
• Counting Collections plans and focuses
• M.A.T.H (Meet with me, At my seat, Tech, Hands on) plans for each week
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2021, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!