Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.36 MB | 35 pages
The attachment includes 35 weeks of journal strips.
ONE WAY to use them:
I use them as a Formative Assessment at the beginning of the math class time.
1. At the beginning of math time, I focus everyone by asking the students to open their math composition journal and turn it so that the flap opens up.
2. Students then draw 2 lines to divide their journal into 4 sections - Basically, they draw a big + on their paper.
3. Then, I give everyone one strip to glue into the top section of their journal. The bottom two sections are left for the teacher to fill in on the ELMO(These are usually problems where they need additional modeling. Problems that they get wrong on their independent practice papers.)
4. Students will then copy and complete the problems once the teacher shows them on the ELMO. Usually, these problems are things that they are getting wrong on their independent practice papers.
5. I give the students time to complete the journal (usually 5 minutes). I walk around and check problems at the top of the paper (on the journal strip) while they are working on the bottom two problems.
6. Then we go over the bottom section on the ELMO .. modeling thinking processes out loud as I solve the problems in my "Teacher" Journal.
The whole process usually takes about 15 minutes. As the year goes on, the students get faster at copying and completing. Usually the beginning of the year takes longer than 15 minutes because they are not use to the process.
****You can cut the sheets into strips for the journal OR you can simply use the sheets for extra practice.
Each purchase is for 1 license. 1 license = 1 teacher & classroom use.
You do not have permission to post my products on any public website. I only give you permission to post on private networks if the appropriate number of licenses have been purchased.