2nd Grade Math Marzano Proficiency Scale Posters for Differentiation - Editable
Proficiency Scales are the ultimate Standards Based Grading tool! They don't just motivate a Growth Mindset, they define how students can demonstrate mastery. Every learning standard is broken down into 4 levels of Differentiation. These Posters lead students up a progressive learning path that mirrors the way they develop concepts. Aligned to Bloom’s or Marzano’s Taxonomy of cognitive skills. From easiest-hardest: (Recall/Retrieval, Comprehension, Analysis/Application, and Knowledge Utilization/Synthesis).
4. Level 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill.
3. Level 3 represents proficiency in each math standard. see the stars*
2. Level 2 will include content from the previous grade level and new vocabulary that must be applied correctly for mastery of level 3.
1. Level 1 will either be derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels.
Students review EASY learning goals from previous grade levels in sections, “Levels” 1 and 2. These first two levels set them up to see simple examples of the connections between what they know, and what they must do this year. “Level” 3, or section 3, includes questions they should master this year. “Level” 4 includes optional enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented thinkers.
Need some ideas to quickly modify tasks and engage different learners? Follow this link to get some quick tips for INSTANT DIFFERENTIATION. It take seconds to implement!
How to Use these Posters:
1. Print the ones you are currently planning instruction for. (color/black and white)
*Option: Display them digitally on a white board while you teach!
2. Briefly review levels 1, 2, and 3 (in that order) so your students can access prior knowledge and pre-assess themselves.
3. Refer to the poster while you teach and practice new skills. Students will see their progression.
4. Offer examples for each level of the proficiency scale (See Assessments linked below!)
Assessments can be used as pre- and post-tests for students to demonstrate and document mastery and growth.
5. Refer to the levels 1 and 2 to create appropriate modifications for targeted instruction or small group practice.
6. Use Level 4 to modify or create enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented students.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
* PDF version for printing.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
1. One color poster with learning goals and scale for every common core standard.
2.Eight blank editable color posters, one for each cluster (OA, NBT, MD, G), if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students. Visit my blog for directions on How To Revise Mrs. L's Editable Posters
For more information on using learning goals and scales with Common Core Math, visit Mrs. L's Leveled Learning Blog: http://mrslsleveledlearning.com
The EDITABLE content is for your convenience! The content is STILL under copyright and MAY NOT be used to create new resources for free, for sale, or for sharing on school databases without written permission from Melanie LiCausi at Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. Please contact me personally at email@example.com or purchase additional licenses through your “My Purchases” page.
You May Also Like: