Also included in
- This is the SECOND bundle of 2nd Grade Classroom Transformations! These fun challenges help make math memorable and meaningful as students learn to relate math to the real-world! These 10 EDITABLE room transformations are great for second graders. Each challenge reviews an important skill that 2nd g$69.79$99.70Save $29.91
- This is the MEGA BUNDLE of 2nd Grade Classroom Transformations! These fun challenges help make math memorable and meaningful as students learn to relate math to the real-world! These 40 EDITABLE room transformations are great for second graders. Each challenge reviews an important skill that 2nd gra$199.97$398.80Save $198.83
Get ready for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! This 2nd Grade Thanksgiving math activity is a fun and EASY Thanksgiving room transformation! Rigorous 2nd grade Thanksgiving math activities like this are sure to keep everyone engaged during the holidays. Let your second graders enjoy this Thanksgiving classroom transformation filled with lots of 2nd Grade Thanksgiving math activities! It's filled with plenty of EDITABLE Thanksgiving math worksheets but students feel like they're playing a Thanksgiving math game!
When many people think of classroom transformations, they think:
“This would take me hours to set up.”
“This is going to cost so much money.”
“This looks so overwhelming.”
“I could never do this!”
What if I told you classroom transformations could be EASY to set up, FUN to implement, and STRESS-FREE?
A room transformation changes your room into a certain setting or theme to engage students in their own learning with rigorous content.
Classroom transformations are possible in EVERY classroom. You don’t have to spend hours of your time setting up a room transformation or spend lots of money to make it SO MUCH FUN!
- add and subtract within 100
- add and subtract within 20 fluently
- place value within 1000
- even and odd numbers
- compare 3 digit numbers with <,>, or =
- word problems within 100
- telling time to the 5 minute
- standard, word, and expanded form within 1000
- identify money
Step 1: Tell your second-grade class that they are at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade today and will practice multiple grade 2 standards. Students solve math challenges set up around the room. They can be completed in any order and you can choose how many challenges students complete or what time frame they have to meet YOUR needs.
Set-up is quick and easy. Simply print the 10 posters, the math worksheets, and a recording sheet for each student. Place them around your room and you’re ready to begin! Additional door décor, printable hats, name tags, admission tickets, a banner, and more are included if you want to use them!
Step 2: Let 2nd graders move around the room and solve each challenge. Each time students solve a math challenge, they go to the teacher to get it checked. Students can work independently, in partners, or in groups. Your choice.
Step 3: When grade 2 students finish all ten challenges (or however many you assign), they win! You can give them the certificate of completion included and the coloring page. I also reward my students with a cool eraser at the end.
Step 4 (OPTIONAL Fast Finisher Activity): Most of the time, there are early finishers. These kiddos get to go around the room and learn fun facts about the theme of the day! No one is ever bored. Choose from 3 different fun fact versions.
- Digital Scavenger Hunt: Let students "find" the facts on Google Slides
- Printable Fact Posters: Hang fact posters around the room for students to find
- QR Codes: Students scan facts on an iPad or similar device to read fun facts
The PRINT version of the challenges is fully customizable! There are 3 versions included.
- Premade Version: The challenges are pre-made for you and are ready to print and go!
- 100% Editable Version: The challenges are pre-made for you but you can edit any text on the page! Change the title, the instructions, or the questions so they work best for your classroom.
- Blank / Create Your Own Content Version: Each challenge is blank and fully customizable. You can type anything you'd like on each page.
Please note: The digital version and clipart is not editable due to copyright laws.
- Aligns with Common Core
- Checklist to Keep You Organized
- 10 Challenges Pre-Made for You
- Black & White and Color Posters
- Recording Sheet
- Editable Math Challenges
- Editable Instructions for Kids
- Answer Keys Included
- Certificate of Completion
- Door Decorations and Banner
- Learning Targets and Folder Inserts
- Extra Decor Posters
- Editable Admission Tickets and Name Tags
- Coloring Page
- Printable Hats
- Digital Version Included for Use with Google Slides™
- Fast Finisher Activity with Fun Facts (3 Versions Included)
- Pictures of Set-Up & Shopping Guide for “Extras”
- Tips to Make the Room Transformation Even More Fun!
This is a perfect 2nd grade review activity before giving a math assessment or as an extra practice activity. Step by step lesson plans are included so you know exactly what to do. It can be used as a spiral review and is easy to set up and implement. Classroom transformation ideas are a new trend in education and can set the stage to engage!
You no longer need to spend hours prepping your classroom for your next room transformation! These hands-on, low prep activities will keep your students engaged while practicing rigorous material at the same time. I love to use this after reading the book Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet. We pretend we're in NYC (New York City) really in the parade with floats!
You may also like this FREE Classroom Transformation Guide! It tells you exactly which Common Core Standards each second grade classroom transformation aligns with.
I also call these my Monday Funday math games if you've seen them on Instagram! These are easy to implement classroom transformations!
With remote learning taking center stage in our communities, a digital version is now included! It's compatible with Google Slides™ and can be completed 100% digitally. That means no making copies and less prep for you!
First, invite your students into a video call on whatever learning platform your school district uses. Set the scene and tell your class online what themed day they will be completing.
Then, assign your students the Google Slides™ activities that come with this digital classroom transformation. Each digital classroom transformation is interactive and has movable pieces for students to enjoy playing with. Every activity can be modified for what works best in your virtual classroom. A digital cover page, digital recording sheet, 10 digital challenges, and a digital certificate are included in the Google Slides file.
Finally, as a digital reward, students are invited to play the self-checking game that shows them fun facts about the Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's engaging, interactive, and a great way to motivate students throughout the digital room transformation while completing distance learning.
✔ Instructions for the Teacher
✔ Instructions How to Assign in Google Classroom Individually or in Teams
✔ 10 Google Slides Challenges
✔ Digital Answer Key for Teacher or Self-Checking
✔ Digital Self-Checking Reward Game
✔ Videos Explaining Best Practice /How To Set It Up
✔ Digital Tips and Tricks
-The digital version was created with Google Slides™.
-This means you will need a Google email to make a copy for your Google Drive.
-You can assign these games by assigning them in Google Classroom or send them via email to students.
Choose which version works best for your classroom -- print, digital, or a combination of both!
These 2nd grade classroom transformations can be used for elementary children as a worksheet alternative, printables, in math stations, math tasks, occupations tasks, life skills games, in special education settings, for homeschool, practice with vocational skills, virtual field trip alternatives, community based instruction CBI, college and career readiness, job skills, life experience, breakout room alternative, center rotations, fall, autumn, vocation practice, math centers, as enrichment or remediation, pretend play, for students with special needs, project based learning, dramatic play, PBL math, in small groups, as test prep, as worksheets, escape room alternatives, homework practice (take what you don’t finish home for homework), community helper themed days, digital theme days, end of year themed days, classroom transformation kits, printables, and so much more! The math activities are made to be flexible so you can use them however you’d like in your classroom. Challenges are aligned to Common Core and TEKS.
- TEKS 2.2A: use concrete and pictorial models to compose and decompose numbers up to 1,200 in more than one way as a sum of so many thousands, hundreds, tens, and ones
- TEKS 2.2B: use standard, word, and expanded forms to represent numbers up to 1,200
- TEKS 2.2C: generate a number that is greater than or less than a given whole number up to 1,200
- TEKS 2.2D: use place value to compare and order whole numbers up to 1,200 using comparative language, numbers, and symbols (>, <, or =)
- TEKS 2.4A: recall basic facts to add and subtract within 20 with automaticity
- TEKS 2.4C: solve one-step and multi-step word problems involving addition and subtraction within 1,000 using a variety of strategies based on place value, including algorithms
- TEKS 2.4D: generate and solve problem situations for a given mathematical number sentence involving addition and subtraction of whole numbers within 1,000
- TEKS 2.7A: determine whether a number up to 40 is even or odd using pairings of objects to represent the number
- TEKS 2.7C: represent and solve addition and subtraction word problems where unknowns may be any one of the terms in the problem
- TEKS 3.2A: compose and decompose numbers up to 100,000 as a sum of so many ten thousands, so many thousands, so many hundreds, so many tens, and so many ones using objects, pictorial models, and numbers, including expanded notation as appropriate
- TEKS 3.2B: describe the mathematical relationships found in the base-10 place value system through the hundred thousands place
- TEKS 3.2D: compare and order whole numbers up to 100,000 and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =
- TEKS 3.4I: determine if a number is even or odd using divisibility rules
❤️ Click on the preview to see more! ❤️
Looking for more Classroom Transformation Math Activities?
You May Also Like:
Follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
Thank you so much,
The Lifetime Learner
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license at a discount!
Email me at email@example.com