This set includes 50 story problems with multiple problem types. The problems are written in a Cognitive Guided Instruction (CGI) format with three number choices to solve. There are three number choices to help differentiate the problem solving in the classroom. Some of your students might only get the first set of numbers completed but others might be able to successfully solve all three number sets. After the students solve the problems, I choose some of the students' work samples and discuss their solutions to the problems. My goal is to move students who use lower strategies to using higher strategies to solve the problems.
If you would like us to send you the problems as an editable word document so that you can change names or number choices, email us at email@example.com.
The different problem types included are listed below.
* Add To - Result Unknown
* Add To - Change Unknown
* Add To - Start Unknown
* Take From - Result Unknown
* Take From - Change Unknown
* Take From - Start Unknown
* Put Together/Take Apart - Total Unknown
* Put Together/Take Apart - Addend Unknown
* Put Together/Take Apart - Both Addends Unknown
* Compare - Difference Unknown
* Compare - Bigger Unknown
* Compare - Smaller Unknown
These problems address multiple 2nd grade Common Core Math standards.
* 2.OA.A.1 * 2.OA.B.2 * 2.NBT.B.5 * 2.NBT.B.6
* 2.NBT.B.7 * 2.NBT.B.9 * 2.MD.C.8
Each problem is written with an engaging theme in a CGI format to make learning fun and meaningful for your students.
Created by Simply Core Learning