Also included in
- These math centers are engaging activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own. Ways to use: whole group lesson, small group lesson, independent math center, assessment, or homework!* ALL 2nd Grade MATH$25.00$39.00Save $14.00
- This second grade math bundle includes 3 AMAZING MATH RESOURCES! Included: Math Tri-Folds, Math Sorts, and Math Morning Work!This is a MUST have resource for your 2nd grade classroom. The resources included are flexible and may be used for morning work, whole group practice, guided math practice, in$67.50$114.00Save $46.50
Looking for fun activities for your math stations? These math concept sorts are perfect to add to an independent math center. Ways to use: whole group lesson, small group lesson, independent math center, assessment, or homework!
* 2nd Grade Math Standards Covered *
Sorts 1-3: Would you measure with inches, feet, centimeters, or meters? Measure to the nearest inch
Sorts 4-6: I can measure the length of an object twice, using lengths of units of different lengths.
Sorts 7-9:I can estimate the lengths of items using units of inches, feet, centimeters, feet, and meters.
Sorts 10-12: I can measure to determine how much longer one object is than another.
Sorts 13-15: I can use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve word problems involving length.
Sorts 16-18: I can use a number line to solve addition and subtraction problems to 100.
Sorts 19-21: I can tell and write time from analog clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.
Sorts 22-24: I can count coin values to find the total value of items
2. MD.9 -
Sorts 25-27: I can measure to the nearest inch and centimeter. I can show the measurement by making a line plot.
Sorts 28-30: I can solve addition and subtraction problems using data from graphs.
- Math Sorts Binder - Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Blank PowerPoint Template - Just add text boxes to the template and create your own sorts!
- Student Notebook Dividers - Students keep their math sorts notebook organized with these dividers. Includes learning goals! The dividers are now editable.
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Click Here to view a Blog Post about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
More 2nd Grade Math Sorts
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking - 12 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10 - 27 sorts
- Set 3: Measurement & Data - 30 sorts
- Set 4: Geometry - 9 sorts
Please email me at:email@example.com
You may also be interested in....
MORE MATH SORTS
2nd Grade Math Sorts - coming soon
3rd Grade Math Sorts - All Standards
4th Grade Math Sorts - All Standards
5th Grade Math Sorts - All Standards