UPDATE: This Personal Narrative Writing Unit for 2nd grade has been updated (10/7/15)! Please re-download this unit and enjoy!
Are you trying to figure out the best way to teach your 2nd graders to write narrative stories? Always running short on time and can't seem to fit everything in? As you know, children learn best when reading and writing are taught together. This product will show you how to teach narrative writing through your daily read alouds. First, lean on the expert's shoulders and notice the moves the real authors make. Then your students will try these moves out in their own writing! This product can be used with any writing or reading program that you are currently using in your 2nd grade classroom. It can stand alone or supplement what you are already doing.
Here's what's included:
1. A few notes
2. Using mentor texts to teach the elements of fictional stories
3. Using fictional story structure to help students understand how stories work
4. Writer's Workshop Structure
5. Mini-Lesson Info
6. Materials Needed
7. Management Forms
8. Getting Started...Stories to Tell
9. Suggested Mini-lessons
10. Revising and Publishing at the 2nd Grade Level
11. Story Element Templates to use during your read alouds
13. Ready to Write templates to use when your students are ready to put their stories to paper
14. BONUS writing templates
15. Thank you and Credits
This product picks up right where my other product, First 20 Days of Writer's Workshop for 2nd Grade, leaves off.
First 20 Days of Writer's Workshop for 2nd Grade - Click Here!
Or bundle the products for 2nd grade writing and save big bucks!
Click here for the bundle
Please look over the preview carefully and let me know if you have any questions before you purchase this product. I want to make sure you are happy with what you receive! :)
Good luck, fellow writing teachers! Thanks for looking!
Roots and Wings